TASK (Treatment Alternatives for Sexualized Kids) is a treatment model designed to meet the complex needs of youth who have caused sexual harm.
Problem sexual behavior can be symptomatic of underlying mental health issues, including trauma and dysregulation. Youth who cause sexual harm or engage in sexually problematic behavior come from a variety of backgrounds and are often involved with the justice system. Many times, these youth and their families are unable to find adequate treatment that serves their individualized needs and circumstances. Children’s Hope Alliance has an established, innovative treatment program dedicated to addressing the needs of these youth.
- TASK serves youth ages 8 to 20 who:
- have a history of sexual harm;
- are adjudicated of a sexual offense;
- are experiencing dysregulation that is influencing sexually problematic behaviors requiring development of skills related to self-regulation, communication, healthy sexuality, family conflict, school behavior problems, peer relations, or risk management
- Available in Sylva, Asheville, Wilkesboro, Charlotte, Lexington, Statesville, and surrounding areas
- Services are provided by highly qualified, licensed staff specifically trained in the TASK model of care
- Average length of service is 9-12 months
- Treatment occurs primarily through an in-home, outpatient model that provides structured family, individual and group therapy, with an emphasis on safety planning
- All youth receive a Comprehensive Evaluation of Sexual Harm (CESH)
For further information, call 1-844-226-8855.
To submit a referral to the TASK Program, Click Here.