Outpatient Therapy – Who We Are
Our Outpatient Services team has one focus: the well-being of the whole person. We work with children, teens, adults, and families to develop skills and mindset needed to transcend challenges and live a life of emotional health.
Children’s Hope Alliance offers the following outpatient services for those who need mental or emotional therapy as part of their healing journey:
- Psychological Evaluations
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Ongoing Individual, Family, and/or Group Therapy
- Substance Abuse Assessments and Treatment
What We Do
A required admission assessment is typically conducted during the initial appointment. Using information from the assessment as a guide, the clinician and client/guardian work together to establish individualized goals that will drive treatment. The overall objective during treatment is to support clients as they explore feelings, behaviors, and thought patterns to work toward improved functioning and overall fulfillment.
Most therapy sessions are scheduled for one hour, and the frequency of sessions is based on individual client needs. Sessions provide opportunities to explore the need and motivation for change, improve relationships, learn effective problem-solving skills, and understand how to effectively navigate internal and external conflict. Clients typically participate in therapy services for 4-12 months, or until treatment goals are met.
A licensed psychologist conducts all psychological testing and evaluations. All licensed clinicians follow regulations of Children’s Hope Alliance as well as those of their licensing boards. Our team of experienced clinicians use a variety of evidenced-based therapy models, including:
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Services are available in
Charlotte, Lexington, Statesville, Wilkesboro, and Winston-Salem.
Appointments are typically available 8:00am-5:00pm. Hours of operation may vary by location, and after-hours appointments may be available by request.
To schedule an appointment, call our Centralized Scheduler at 844-226-8855 or complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Accepted forms of insurance: Medicaid, NC Health Choice, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Private Pay. Funds are available to cover services for youth referred by the Iredell County Department of Juvenile Justice. Clients without insurance may have fees set according to our Sliding Fee Scale (available at limited locations). Clients/guardians must provide verification of household income to be considered.
Specific Benefits/Risks Associated with Outpatient Services
There are certain benefits and risks associated with participation in all Community Based Programs of Children’s Hope Alliance:
- Customized identification of strengths and weaknesses
- Individualized Person Centered Planning
- Links for client and families to additional needed community services/resources
- Services available in multiple office locations, including schools, where applicable
- Highly-trained staff offer expertise in behavioral services
- Team approach and dedication of staff and agency help client and families achieve goals
- Frequent communication with parents and/or legally responsible person(s)
- Use of evidenced-based and evidence-informed models of care
- Accessibility to other resources and services provided by CHA
- Sometimes symptoms get worse before they get “better”
- If the client is not making progress or continuing to engage in serious risky behaviors, a recommendation may be made for a higher level of care, including residential placement
- Children’s Hope Alliance staff have a legal Duty to Warn others of stated or implied imminent threats of harm. Staff are also mandated reporters of suspected neglect and abuse and will report suspicions to the Department of Social Services.
To schedule an appointment, call 844-226-8855 or complete the form below
Please note: A 24-hour notice is expected for appointment cancellations. Clients may be terminated from services for non-compliance after three consecutive cancellations or no shows.