Ways To Give

Ways To Give

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Get Involved
  4. /
  5. Ways To Give


A cash gift is usually the easiest and most convenient way to make a gift to charity. We are able to make use of your cash gift right away and you receive a valuable income tax charitable deduction to offset your taxes on this year’s return.


A gift of stocks or bonds may provide you with an even greater tax benefit. If you have owned securities for more than one year and the value has increased, you can avoid capital gains tax and receive a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of your gift to us.

Charitable IRA Rollover

By transferring some of your IRA required distribution to us, you can lower your taxable income and capital gains tax this year. If you are 70 1/2 or older, you can make a charitable gift of up to $100,000 from your IRA. Your gift will qualify for the required minimum distribution and you will not have to pay federal income tax on the amount given from your IRA to charity.

Personal Property

Selected artwork, books, and antiques are examples of personal property that may also make nice gifts to us. To ensure that your gift of personal property qualifies for a favorable charitable tax deduction, please contact us.

Real Estate

A gift of your real estate that has been held for more than a year also has the advantage of providing you with a charitable tax deduction based on the current value of the property, as well as enabling you to avoid capital gains tax on the sale of your property.

Giving Stock

Stock and Mutual Fund Share Donation Instructions

Children’s Hope Alliance maintains a brokerage account within our Foundation for Children for the purpose of processing stock (and certain mutual funds) donations. Please follow the below instructions in completing a stock donation. Your contribution to Children’s Hope Alliance is important and greatly appreciated. If you have any questions related to this transfer, please contact Phyllis Walkowiak at Wells Fargo (704)442-6308 or (800) 929-0972.

Step 1: Contact your financial advisor and instruct them to electronically transfer a specific security to the Children’s Hope Alliance Gift Account, Please provide the following information to your advisor:        

Wells Fargo Advisors

DTC# 0141

Account Name:  Foundation for Children

Account #7622-3527

Contact:  Phyllis Walkowiak (704) 442-6308

6000 Fairview Road, Suite 800

Charlotte, NC 28210

Mutual Funds: You will need to identify the specific mutual fund you wish to donate.  If the mutual fund is held at the mutual fund company, you will need to contact the fund company and have them advise you on how to complete the transfer. If your mutual fund is held at a brokerage firm, you may give them the DTC and account number.

Physical Securities: Physical stock certificates can be delivered to any Wells Fargo Advisors office.  Inform the representative that you wish to make a gift to Children’s Hope Alliance into the above referenced account. Have the representative contact Phyllis Walkowiak or John Granzow at (704) 462-6308. The owner(s) of the shares (as shown on the face of the certificate) must sign a stock/bond power, which is attached to this document, at the time the shares are turned over. An electronic version of this is available upon request.

Step 2: Please mail, fax or email your name, address, security (stock, etc.) and quantity being donated to: 

Children’s Hope Alliance

P.O. Box 1

Barium Springs, NC 28010

FAX: (704) 838-1541

Email: bjcarlson@childrenshopealliance.org

This information will be used to verify your gift has been properly transferred to Children’s Hope Alliance and to produce your gift confirmation letter.

Questions?  Call our development office at 704.832.2207 or email development@childrenshopealliance.org for more details.