CHA is excited for the recent expansion of NC Medicaid and the new requirements. According to medicaid.ncdhhs.gov, more than 300,00 additional North Carolinians now have access to comprehensive health care. The new expansion reduced the income level for applicants. We believe allowing families more access to affordable, high quality mental health care and comprehensive healthcare will be life changing for so many families. Visit https://medicaid.ncdhhs.gov to learn more and see if you qualify.
Here are a list of FAQ’s listed from the NCDHHS website
Quick Facts about North Carolina’s Medicaid Expansion
- North Carolina expanded who can get Medicaid starting December 1, 2023.
- Adults ages 19 through 64 earning up to 138% of the federal poverty line (e.g., singles earning about $20,000/year or families of three earning about $34,000/year) may be eligible.
- The best way to apply is online through ePASS; you can also apply in-person, by phone or mailed applications. The processing time for applications can be up to 45 days. Applications submitted online may be processed faster.
- The coverage is comprehensive, including services like primary care, hospital stays, maternity care, vision and hearing, dental/oral health care and more.
- Medicaid pays for doctor visits, yearly check-ups, emergency care, mental health and more – at little or no cost to you.
- Current beneficiaries with full Medicaid coverage will not see any changes.