Or call us today at 1-844-791-3117
Is there really a need for Foster Parents?
In North Carolina, more than 10,000 children are living in foster homes – a number that has increased by 25% over the past five years. Today, there are more children who need a foster home than there are homes available for placement: Kids across North Carolina are waiting for someone like you with an open heart and an open home to be their support system and be a foster parent.
Children’s Hope Alliance prides itself on being supportive of our foster parents. We understand one of the best ways to help children heal is to support the foster families providing loving homes for them. We provide extensive and up-to-date training, 24-hour support, respite services, therapeutic support programs, and monthly financial stipends. Our foster care case managers stay in regular contact with foster parents, and are always just a phone call away.
Children’s Hope Alliance offers a robust array of nearly 30 specialized services to help children and families. Often, children can get help from multiple programs including intensive in-home or outpatient therapeutic services while in a foster home.
- we have a need for foster parents all over the state
- foster care is a temporary living arrangement for abused, neglected and dependent children who need a safe place to live when their parents or another relative cannot take care of them
- you have a choice about which child or children are placed in your home
- a monthly stipend is provided to offset the cost of everyday expenses related to the care of the child
- our agency provides all necessary training and support for foster parents throughout the entire process
… and no, you don’t need a degree in child psychology to be a great foster parent. Click here to bust some popular myths about being a foster parent.
I have more questions, who can I talk to?
The Recuiter Trainer in your area will be happy to answer any questions:
For Mecklenberg, Union, and Gaston Counties, call James Stewart at (980) 635-4031
For Wake, Harnett, and Cumberland Counties, call Tomika Brooks at (919) 500-9341
For Buncombe, Haywood, Jackson, Swain, and Macon Counties, call Nicole Hawthorne at (828) 508-3456
For all other counties, contact Marc Murphy at (704) 682-1526