CATAWBA VALLEY HEALTHY FAMILIES
A healthy family environment and early childhood education are crucial to the lifelong success and happiness of any child. However, sometimes families are struggling to stay healthy due to a lack of resources or adequate support systems. Children’s Hope Alliance has a special program designed to educate and support families so that they can provide their children with a safe and healthy future.
- this program is offered in Burke County
- the service begins prenatally or within the first three months after the baby’s birth, offered voluntarily, intensively and over the long term with an average length of stay of 3-5 years after the baby’s birth
- referrals can be made by any agency or a self-referral can be made by the family – program is intended to support new parents and provide information regarding a new baby
- the primary focus of the program is to promote positive parenting, parenting strategies, positive bonding and attachment between parents and child, and developmental information. Parents may also be supported with other resources in the community
- Healthy Families America (Evidence Based Practice Model), services are provided by Family Support Workers
For further information, call 1-800-395-2591.