Children’s Hope Alliance Family.
Ten days ago, 400 cases of COVID-19 were reported. Since that day, we have seen subsequent increases of over 100 cases per day.
Currently, one of our staff members from the King Home on the Barium Springs campus is in quarantine after exposure to a friend who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, as well as another staff member whose parents have both received positive test results.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 continues to climb in our state, it is clear that we are not out of the woods yet and it’s time to stay diligent in our efforts.
- Stay-at-home orders are in effect until May 8. Schools are closed the remainder of the school year.
- Wear a face mask while at work. Everyone is expected to wear a face mask while at work, as tolerated.
- If you do not have a face mask, let your supervisor know.
- Report any symptoms of illness to your Executive Leadership Team member, who will communicate with Celeste and Dr. Mullis for monitoring.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces daily. Here’s how long the virus can survive on different surfaces.
- Need a PPE kit for your work with clients? Make a request through your supervisor.
- WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN! This is still the most effective way to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- Monitor Yourself. Taking precautions like self-monitoring symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and/or smell) can prevent transmission.
- Do not leave your home if you are ill.
Keep taking care of each other.