Family is the most important support system a child will ever have, but sometimes that family is struggling and the child needs to be removed for safety. However, when a child enters our services at Children’s Hope Alliance, we always hope that reuniting and preserving that family is an attainable goal. We offer help not only to the child in need but the family as well.
- these services are offered in Macon and Burke counties
- services are primarily delivered to families in their home or in their community with an average length of treatment being 8 weeks
- services are provided to Department of Social Services (DSS) involved families with a focus on preventing disruption and out of home placement or assisting with successful reunification after out of home placement has occurred
- services include: parenting skills building and direct practice, life skills building such as budgeting, organization, positive communication skills, mental health assessments and linking clients to recommended treatment
- services are provided by staff trained in the NC DSS Family Preservation model (evidence informed model) which is based on the HomeBuilders model