The number of COVID-19 cases is still increasing across our state, and from all reports it seems that we are headed to the peak number this week and next. During this time, it is ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT that we all remain diligent with our hand washing, social distancing, and mask-wearing. And don’t underestimate the power of clean hands! Check this out to see how to property wash hands – it’s not as easy as you’d think!
Fortunately, we still have no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at any of our campuses or with any of our staff members.
Please remember, as we face the upcoming peak number of infections in North Carolina, it is IMPERATIVE that each of us stay at home when possible and take these precautionary steps:
- Complete the Relias training on the proper way to use Personal Protective Equipment (see your email inbox for more info).
- Need a PPE kit for your work with clients? We have some – talk to your supervisor.
- WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN! This is still the most effective way to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- Monitor Yourself. Taking precautions like self-monitoring symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath) can prevent transmission.
- Do not leave your home if you are ill.
- Wear a face mask if you are going out, or if you are caring for someone who is ill. Click HERE for instructions on how to make your own face mask.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces daily. Here’s how long the virus can survive on different surfaces.
- Report any symptoms of illness to your Executive Leadership Team member, who will communicate with Celeste and Dr. Mullis for monitoring.
Please do your part to do more than flatten the curve (washing hands, social distancing, staying at home) – and let’s crush this altogether!